Join Our Team as Our Manuscript Development Supervisor
Can you spot a good story a mile away? Are you skilled at helping authors find that great story from within, helping them organize it, and put it on paper?
If you have experience ghostwriting non-fiction books for other people, and you can help a sometimes-scattered-and-overwhelmed mind organize and focus around a goal to complete a manuscript, then please keep reading!
We are Book Launchers. We help thought-leaders and people with a powerful story write, publish, and sell impact-driven non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We help our clients create great books they will be proud of for years, AND we help them use their books as a tool to achieve their business and brand goals. To achieve that, we have developed an incredible team of publishing professionals who help our authors develop their story, write the book, refine it through editing, and design the book to stand out. During the development and publishing process, we layer in marketing support so our authors are positioned for sales success when their book is done. We also do a wide range of things to support our clients including author platform coaching and development, media pitching, author partnerships, speaking engagement support, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities.
You will report to our Production Manager and will be a driving force behind ensuring our clients’ books fit our #noboringbooks ideal and are top quality before they go to publication.
This role would ideally be full-time (~35-40 hours/week) which would mean eligibility for profit-share, health, dental, and optical insurance, as well as paid vacation after 90 days, but if you’re awesome and would prefer to be part-time, we can also work with you on that.
To apply, please complete the form at the bottom of our “Join Our Team” page. Please include a résumé and cover letter.
What is your role?
As a ghostwriter, writing coach, and leader on the manuscript development team, you will be a driving force behind ensuring our clients’ books fit our #noboringbooks ideal and are top quality before they go to publication. In this role, you will work directly with select Book Launchers clients as a ghostwriter and coach, while also helping to nurture the development of the larger team of writers, writing coaches, and developmental editors as a mentor, guide, and resource. You will support the Production Manager with evaluation of incoming manuscripts on client intake, assigning ghostwriters/writing coaches to projects, during milestone submissions from writers, and prior to a project moving from writing to content editing. As needed, you may also provide coaching and guidance to authors to help them improve their stories and material to make it more marketable to the ideal reader.
Our overarching goal is to be our clients’ first choice for book publishing success and produce multiple books with Book Launchers for years to come.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Within the guidelines of milestone deliverables for writing projects, write engaging manuscripts that fit the hook and outline provided.
- Within the guidelines of milestone deliverables for coaching clients, help the authors to get the content out of their heads and onto the page, ensuring the material they put on the page is in line with the hook and outline provided.
- Communicate with your writing and coaching clients on a weekly basis and reply to all emails within 1 business day.
- Support your team to grow and develop to serve our clients in the best way possible in the development of highly marketable and engaging books.
- Assist with determining milestone deliverables for writing projects and help pair projects with the right team members.
- Provide writing assistance when needed to fill in a gap left by a writer or if a client is struggling with a content edit, and just needs a quick writing assist.
- Support in the development and execution of processes.
- Participate in company meetings, weekly reporting, and complete all communication cadence items in a timely manner.
- Must have written at least one non-fiction book in the past and have experience working with authors as a ghostwriter and/or writing coach
- Previous management experience preferred; ability to manage people working under you and give advice/coaching to them.
- Strong conversational skills. An ability to quickly relate to many personality types and have personal conversations is essential.
- Experience with the various processes with writing, creative writing, and editing.
- An understanding of marketing and what is marketable to wider audiences.
- Patience, empathy, and compassion are a must as is the ability to be firm with a client when it requires tough conversations.
- Must be able to deal with moments of high pressure due to multiple deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively with the team
- Comfortable working alone and from home
- Access to a webcam for video calls, reliable internet connection, and reliable phone signal and service with a North American plan.
- Able to participate in company meetings daily, weekly, and monthly.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special.
Here’s the deal:
We are based in Las Vegas, but the team works remotely. We believe that you should not battle traffic if you don’t have to.
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients’ success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company to support authors to succeed not just in creating the highest quality of book, but to also help authors sell those books to readers. She is a Top 20 under 40 award-winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 50,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning every day so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit-sharing), please read all of the information here.
As mentioned above, this role would ideally be full-time (~35-40 hours/week) which would mean eligibility for profit-share, health, dental, and optical insurance, as well as paid vacation after 90 days, but if you’re awesome and would prefer to be part-time, we can also work with you on that. The salary range for full-time would be $54,000-$58,000/year.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂