Join Our Team as an Executive Assistant in Charge of Operations
You love process, systems, and people. You like to lead and you thrive when you have to rally the team to achieve a common objective.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced as an executive assistant or an operations person in a fast moving environment or you understand book publishing (super bonus points for both!), you just might be our dream candidate for this position.
What is your role?
Support our team as we fulfill each client’s dream of writing, publishing and selling a book they are proud to hand to anyone.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish, but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
As a direct report to the President of the company, you will have your pulse on everything that is happening and be responsible for ensuring the entire team knows what to do, when to do it, and has the resources they need to execute. You will live by our mantra of #noboringbooks and assist the team in creating client success on each book. You’ll be the driving power and enthusiasm behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
In this role, are responsible for the operational vision of our organization including the implementation of our communications cadence, team meetings, and our process management. You’ll also provide support to the President and Client Care Manager in communicating with potential author clients and active clients about process related subjects.
As the main point person for each contractor, it’s your role to manage each book project’s timelines, flag potential issues before they are problems, and be ready to jump in wherever you’re needed in client support.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media,and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll make sure the right people are working on their manuscript at the right time, and that each success is celebrated! And, you’ll make sure the entire Book Launchers team is on target. Think of yourself as one part cheerleader and one part director.
If people and processes are fun for you … this is your kind of gig!
Specific Tasks Include:
- Schedule, oversee, and run all targeted interactions for the team, including the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual meetings.
- Recruiting and retention – assist with recruiting game-changing team members, be the initial screening before skill tests and interviews takes place. Put in place operational systems that ensure they stay with us for the long term.
- Set up, send, and manage all contractors contractual agreements and ensure all details are recorded, deadlines are recorded, managed and adhered to. When projects are complete ensuring the processes are followed for hand off, uploading, and delivery.
- People and Process Leadership – apply and keep up to date company process systems throughout our organization so every person knows what their outcomes are, what they are accountable for and what their scoreboard is (outcome, accountability, and transparency).
- Client Care Project Support – Ensure every client understands their book project timeline, is comfortable about what happens at each step when it’s about to happen. Respond to basic client questions on a daily basis and funnel other questions to Client Care Manager.
- Drive and manage the tactical delivery of ongoing projects in the company deliverables for all company initiatives and report back to President and team.
- Support the President in managing the sales leads, executing her vision and growing the business.
- Providing support to the President for the maintenance and implementations of all HR policies, processes, and documentation.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. We are a very lean team managing a growing roster of book projects in progress and in promotion. And, you’ll be in front of it all. There will be some pretty intense days. But, we promise the job will never be boring, we as a company always have your back, and working alongside the founder and President, Julie Broad, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to grow with the company if you rock this role.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
While most of the key members of the Book Launchers team are based in and around Los Angeles, the team works remotely. Why battle traffic if you don’t have it?
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company with author’s success in mind. She is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an award winning Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon for 36 hours and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 10,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning everyday so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. That page is also where you will apply.
This position would start part time but can quickly move to full-time if that is desired. Salary range for part time (20-25 hours/week) is $22,500 – $30,000 per year, depending on your experience with book publishing or operational excellence.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂