Join Our Team as Our Copywriter
You love crafting concise copy that grabs attention and captivates the reader. You navigate your way around social media and how to sell on it with ease. And, you delight in the idea of taking a boring old author bio or book description and making them sizzle. You’re up to date in the latest trends in online marketing and copywriting. Most importantly, you love books and authors.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced in writing marketing materials for authors, or you’ve written some pretty compelling product copy in the past, we’d love to hear from you.
What is your role?
Your primary point of contact will be our Book Marketing Manager, but your ultimate job is to delight our customers by making their ideal readers buy their book with your brilliant copy! You will work alongside our Book Marketing Manager to draft compelling copy for book descriptions, author bios, social media posts, email campaigns, and identify other online marketing opportunities to help sell books.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals to publish high-quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
Your role is important because you’ll be helping us ensure our authors can achieve their goal and putting their book in readers’ hands.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media, and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll play a very important role in the Publishing and Promotion phases.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Write book cover copy – A good book description may entice a reader. A great book description sells the book. See the video below to see our take on writing book descriptions that sell.
- Craft an amazing author bio – It’s really hard for a lot of authors to know what are the most interesting and intriguing pieces of information about themselves. Your job is to uncover the gold and make it shine so everyone wants to hear what this person has to say.
- Author Website Copy – From time to time, we will need website copy to help our authors build their platform to the best it can be.
- Press release, kits, and speaker one-pagers – What’s a good book launch without fun media or speaking engagements to back it up? We’ll need your help capturing the media’s attention with copy for press kits, press releases, and speaker one-pagers.
- Social media posts – We provide social media posts for our authors to kick their social media marketing into high gear. Knowing what grabs attention on social media is a must.
- Blog posts – Our authors are building their business and stand-apart content is part of that. On some occasions, you’ll be creating great blog posts for our authors on a variety of interesting topics.
- Write email campaigns – You’ll be the master of hooking email subscribers through engaged copy that get to the heart of each book project and its goals.
- Participate in company meetings and brainstorming sessions – This is your chance to join and contribute to a growing, engaged team as we bring these book projects to life.
- Pursue training opportunities to learn more about copywriting, email marketing, social media, and Amazon marketing – Know about the latest tool to help sell books or connect with audience? Your insight is a valuable tool that could help break the next great book.