Join Our Team as a Client Care Specialist
You love solving problems, have a keen attention to detail, care about people and have experience working in book publishing (in some capacity).
If that sounds like you, you just might be our dream candidate for this position.
What is your role?
Support our Client Care Manager as you delight our authors. You play a fudamental role in helping our clients fulfill their dream of writing, publishing and selling a business and brand boosting book.
And, we’re not just creating books. We are helping our clients write and publish books they will be proud of for years. We care about quality and about making books interesting. We care so much, in fact, that we made a hashtag and put it on swag:
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish, but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too and pitch them for media, book store distribution, podcast interviews and more!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
You will be the author’s trusted guide, from start to finish.
You’ll build relationships with the unique and experienced people who want to become authors. You’ll learn about all kinds of professions, personal stories and businesses as you take the author through the process. And, when the emotional roller coaster ride of fear and excitement hits them, you’ll be there to reassure and comfort them.
Working alongside the Client Care Manager, your role will be to provide important support to each project, understand each author’s goals and, and with those always in mind, help them move through the publishing process efficiently and effectively. You will know what each author is writing about, why they are writing their book, and when the next step in their process needs to be completed.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media,and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll make sure the right people are working on their manuscript at the right time, and that each success is celebrated! Think of yourself as one part cheerleader and one part director.
If people and processes are fun for you … this is your kind of gig!
Specific Tasks Include:
- Working alongside the Client Care Manager to support the clients through their projects, including weekly accountability calls (as needed), timeline presentations and updates, manuscript reviews, and any other duties required to keep a project moving forward smoothly for a client.
- Mid-project manuscript reviews for quality control issues.
- Final proofread of a manuscript (line edits) before it goes to publish.
- Client retention and celebration initiatives like a client onboarding / welcome package and plan to ensure the client is properly on-boarded and feels valued, plus on-going check ins to ensure the project is progressing as planned and the client is happy.
- Support for the Client Care Manager in working with the contractors.
- Participate in company meetings and reporting.
- Set up print on demand accounts online for each author, upload their manuscript and cover designs and help guide key decisions around distribution channel options.
- Help with the maintenance and development of items and checklists in Process Street for clients and their book timelines.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. It’s a pretty full on gig as you’re acting as a project manager for each book, taking care of the authors and adding value to every step of the process for Book Launchers and the authors. There will be some pretty intense days and you’ll inevitably face some challenging client demands. But, we promise the job will never be boring and, working alongside Jaqueline Kyle, the Client Care Manager, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to grow with the company if you rock this role.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously a pretty cool cucumber so … we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
- Must have previous experience in publishing
- Can calmly handle varying client personalities and demands
- Genuinely care about the clients and their success
- Customer service experience
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks and timelines in a day
- Ability to manage people working under you
- Aptitude to maintain patience when working with clients
- Able to work collaboratively with the team
- Comfortable working alone and from home
- Must be able to deal with moments of high pressure due to multiple deadlines.
Here’s the deal:
Book Launchers is a two year old company with tremendous growth ahead of it. We’ve launched more than 30 books in 2019, with another 60 underway right now. Founder, Julie Broad, is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an award winning Amazon #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and stayed there for 36 hours!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (you can watch some of her YouTube videos here, if you’re so inclined).
Additionally, Julie brings nine years of expertise in creating one of Canada’s most recognized and trusted real estate education and training companies to set this business up for success. After publishing two of her own books and working on multiple traditionally published books, she’s identified a real gap for entrepreneurs and professionals who want to write and publish a quality book that helps them achieve their business goals … and Book Launchers is filling it, perhaps with your help!
It’s going to be a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. Salary range is $42,000 – $48,000 per year, depending on your experience with book publishing and client care excellence.