**We are not currently taking any more applications for this position. Thank you!**
Join Our Team as a Client Care Specialist
You love solving problems, care about people and are an avid learner.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced in exceptional customer service or you understand book publishing (super bonus points for both!), you just might be our dream candidate for this position.
What is your role?
Support and delight our clients as you help them fulfill their dream of writing, publishing and selling a book.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish, but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
You will be the author’s trusted guide, from start to finish.
You’ll build relationships with the unique and experienced people who want to become authors. You’ll learn about all kinds of professions, personal stories and businesses as you take the author through the process.
As the main point person for each book, it’s your role to understand each author’s goals and, and with those always in mind, help them move through the publishing process efficiently and effectively. You will know what each author is writing about, why they are writing their book, and what they next step in their process is to be completed.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media,and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll make sure the right people are working on their manuscript at the right time, and that each success is celebrated! Think of yourself as one part cheerleader and one part director.
If people and processes are fun for you … this is your kind of gig!
Specific Tasks Include:
- Setting up the customer experience process. You are the first one to hold this position, so you’ll have a lot of opportunity to provide key input into shaping this role and ensuring that our clients are not only successful at becoming an author but that they feel celebrated, supported and delighted they worked with Book Launchers.
- Explaining our process to authors, guiding their manuscript through each phase and supporting the author to achieve their goals.
- Monitoring the book and the author’s progress, and identifying potential issues early.
- Problem solving. Get ready to Google the heck out of things, spend time on forums finding solutions, and be flexible when things that used to work don’t cut it anymore. Book publishing is always changing. Authors’ goals will change. Amazon’s rules change and, what can be done will change. Be ready to figure out solutions to problems that you, the team and the Author may encounter.
- Marketing support for Book Launchers and our clients. Connect with thought leaders as you pitch content and books to bloggers, podcasts and other media outlets to get attention for Book Launchers and clients.
- Engaging your creative side as you offer input on cover design, layouts, social media content and marketing materials.
- Set up print on demand accounts online for each author, upload their manuscript and cover designs and help guide key decisions around distribution channel options. If you are already familiar with Create Space or Ingram Spark, that’s a big advantage (no worries if you’re not – they have great training videos).
- Help with the development of the Book Launchers Foundations Training Library for clients and our content marketing efforts by identifying and outlining topics to be covered in training materials, presentations, articles and videos. Bonus points if you’d like to create some of these key content materials.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. It’s a pretty full on gig as you’re acting as a project manager for each book, taking care of the authors and adding value to every step of the process for Book Launchers and the authors. There will be some pretty intense days and you’ll inevitably face some challenging client demands. But, we promise the job will never be boring and, working alongside with the founder, Julie Broad, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to grow with the company if you rock this role.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously a pretty cool cucumber so … we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
Book Launchers is a start up that is just starting! Founder, Julie Broad, is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an award winning Amazon #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and stayed there for 36 hours!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (you can watch some of her YouTube videos here, if you’re so inclined).
Additionally, Julie brings nine years of expertise in creating one of Canada’s most recognized and trusted real estate education and training companies to set this business up for success. After publishing two of her own books and working on multiple traditionally published books, she’s identified a real gap for entrepreneurs and professionals who want to write and publish a quality book that helps them achieve their business goals … and Book Launchers is going to fill it, perhaps with your help!
It’s going to be a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. Salary range is $40,000 – $50,000 per year, depending on your experience with book publishing or client care excellence.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂