Join Our Team as our Book Sales and Programming Strategist
Do you have insider experience and knowledge about the book publishing industry and selling books to bookstores? Are you an outgoing and friendly problem-solver who gets excited about helping others succeed? And, most importantly, are you looking for a role where you have a lot of freedom to create your day while also playing a critical part in the success of our clients?
If you’ve answered “yes” to those three questions, please keep reading.
We are Book Launchers. We help entrepreneurs and professionals write, publish, and sell non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We want to help our clients create great books that achieve their business goals. For some of our clients, getting their book onto the shelves of specific stores is critical to that strategy. For others, it is being a part of University or College Programs or being featured in a local library’s Author Speaker Series. We’ve had success getting bookstore distribution for some of our clients, but it takes a massive amount of effort. We want to find a more effective and consistent solution through building relationships, programming, and catalogs that get books sold. That’s where you come in.
We have brilliant folks on our team that you’ll work alongside to help our clients succeed. We have people on our team who book our clients on podcasts, get them speaking engagements, media attention, and even pursue bulk book deals. Now, we are looking for a problem-solver to help us secure shelf space for our client’s self-published books at bookstores around North America, set up author programming events, and build systems around book distribution.
If you know the book business, you’ll understand the challenge we face. It’s not small, and we need someone who is persistent, ready to hustle and help us create some fantastic success stories for the folks who have chosen to work with us on their book publishing project.
We believe this is a full-time position, but if you’re awesome and you really only want part-time work, you can apply and we would be happy to have that conversation with you. The most important thing to us is getting the right people on our team.
To apply, please complete the form on this page and include a cover letter and resume.
What is your role?
You will be vital to helping our authors successfully market their brand and book(s). You will secure opportunities to have our clients’ books in bookstores, libraries, schools, universities, and other wider distribution. You’ll be instrumental in identifying Book Club programs, corporate training opportunities, and other programs our clients’ books should be involved in to make them accessible to a wider, more global audience.
Your ability to pick up the phone and find answers, seek solutions in creative ways, and innovate for this emerging industry of self-published authors to sell more books will be essential to the success of our clients’ book launches and beyond. Our overarching goal is to be our clients’ first choice for publishing, not the alternative to traditional publishing. And, we will know we’ve succeeding when referrals are our biggest source of new clients and existing clients create multiple books with Book Launchers in the years to come.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs, professionals, and people with incredible stories publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties.
As a direct report to the Book Marketing Manager, you will be involved in every book launch. You’ll be an important part of our driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Work alongside the Book Marketing Manager to secure high profile reviews for clients’ books with outlets trusted by the book retail industry.
- Identify and engage in partnerships to assist in gaining new audiences for our clients, including funnels into programs like book clubs, workshops, panels or B2B speaking.
- Identify the vendor programs to advertise books to pubic and academic libraries, including maintaining the budget, logistics and becoming main point of contact for vendors.
- Develop and oversee our relationship with book distribution channels including Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Bookazine, Brodart, BookPal, and others.
- Build relationships with book stores, book buyers, library distribution networks, airport bookstores and airport book distributors, and any other key relationships that could help get our clients books in physical locations.
- Develop programs that feature our clients to promote to libraries, bookstores or other retailers.
- Work alongside our marketing team to leverage new opportunities like Clubhouse to feature authors and network for new sales and business development opportunities.
- Stay up to date with the news and opportunities for book distribution and book marketing.
- Support the book marketing manager with bulk book sales for clients, sales strategy and execution, and any other projects underway to generate sales and exposure for our clients.
- Oversee the budget and spending of the book distribution and sales wing of Book Launchers.
- Attend in-person events or conferences to sell our books directly to retailers.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. We are balancing a lot of client needs, and we are growing quickly. We have a lot of fun, but there is a lot of work to be done to deliver results for our clients and support the team in their roles. The great news is that the right person can easily uncover areas where you can expand your role with the company if you want to do that.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
We are an American team, currently with the head office in Los Angeles, but we have team members in 10 different states. We all work remotely and use online tools to stay connected.
What unites us is a passion for #noboringbooks and our clients success. Book Launchers’ founder Julie Broad started the company with author’s success in mind. She is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an award winning Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon for 36 hours and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 28,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning everyday so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. Please apply on the form on THIS PAGE though.
Salary range for this position depends on experience. Full-time $45,000-$50,000.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂
Please complete this application to apply: