Join Our Team as a Book Marketing Assistant
Are you an enthusiastic and persistent problem solver? Can you do online research at the speed of light, type up compelling email communications with ease, and easily navigate your way around social media and other platforms like Goodreads?
If you’ve answered yes to those three questions, please keep reading.
We are Book Launchers. We help entrepreneurs and professionals write, publish, and sell non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We want to help our clients create a great book that achieves their business goals. To achieve that, we do a wide range of things to support our clients including website and social media auditing, email newsletter guidance, media pitching, speaking engagement support and pitching, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities. We also want to add services and support around Goodreads, BookBub, and Amazon Review solicitation.
We’re looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, who knows their way around online and is ready for a challenge. If you like uncovering interesting and alternative opportunities to sell a book to the ideal reader – that’s a bonus.
We have brilliant folks on our team that you’ll work alongside to help our clients succeed. You will report directly to our Book Marketing Manager, and play a key role in supporting all the marketing activities that we do to help our clients get their books into the hands of readers.
This role would begin as a contract position to test out how we work together. If we get excellent results working together and employment is preferred over a contract job, we would be happy to move you into a more permanent role. The most important thing for us is getting the right people on our team.
To apply, please let us know what your favorite show streaming or on TV right now is, and why. And, please include a cover letter and resume.
What is your role?
Work alongside our Book Marketing Manager to get support all the marketing activities we do to promote books, plus you’ll be the driving force behind some additional services we’re adding.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
As a direct report to the Book Marketing Manager, you will be involved in every book launch. You’ll be an important part of our driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Amazon and Book Review Solicitation for all books. Find an efficient, effective, and consistent way we can get our clients books online reviews. We have a list of some reviewers, but your ability to research new reviewers, build a relationship to secure the review, and follow up on these contacts will be essential to your success. Getting Amazon and Book Reviews is one of the most important but difficult challenges every author faces. We highly recommend you view the relevant videos on our YouTube channel to learn more about this.
- Build and Maintain a Database of Contacts – you’ll be working alongside the Book Marketing Manager to find podcasts, media influencers, and event organizers who are interested in featuring our clients in addition to the book reviewers. Keeping great records around these contacts will be essential to our long term success.
- Support our clients in creating and executing our social media strategy and assist the Book Marketing Manager in creating social media calendars and content.
- Lead our Goodreads Initiative – we’re going to add some services around Goodreads support for our clients, and we need someone to lead the charge on what we will be doing and how this can be added into our service. We have some ideas and parameters, but this will be your project.
- Prepare and participate in our team meetings and brainstorming ideas for our clients books.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. We are a very lean team managing a growing roster of book projects in progress and in promotion. And, you’ll be one person doing this for all our clients. But, in this role, you’ll learn a lot about book promotion and book publishing, and can easily uncover areas where you can expand your role with the company if you want to do that. In fact, we expect the person who will excel in this role to be someone who can grow with the company and be managing the marketing on book projects in the future.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
While most of the key members of the Book Launchers team are based in and around Los Angeles, the team works remotely. Why battle traffic if you don’t have it?
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company with author’s success in mind. She is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon for 36 hours and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 10,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning everyday so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. That page is also where you will apply.
This position will begin as a project based contractor position, but if successful in those contracts, we’d be very interested in bringing you onto our team in a part time or full-time capacity.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂