Join Our Team as a Book Launch Coordinator
Are you constantly thinking about ways to get more books read? Do you have experience helping authors with live events, library listings, or bookstore sales? Can you do online research at the speed of light, type up compelling email communications with ease, and easily navigate your way around social media and other platforms like Goodreads?
If you’ve answered yes to those questions, please keep reading.
We are Book Launchers. We help entrepreneurs and professionals write, publish, and sell non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We want to help our clients create a great book that achieves their business goals. To achieve that, we do a wide range of things to support our clients including website and social media auditing, email newsletter guidance, media pitching, speaking engagement support and pitching, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities. We also want to add services and support around Goodreads, BookBub, and Amazon Review solicitation.
We’re looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, who knows their way around online, and has been behind the scenes with book launches or book distribution efforts. If you like social media marketing strategies uncovering alternative opportunities to sell a book to the ideal reader – that’s a bonus.
We have brilliant folks on our team that you’ll work alongside to help our clients succeed. You will report directly to our Book Marketing Manager, and play a key role in supporting all the marketing activities that we do to help our clients get their books into the hands of readers.
This role can be part-time or full-time and it’s a fully remote job. The most important thing to us is getting the right person.
To apply, please use the form below. And, please include a cover letter and resume.
What is your role?
In this role, you will report directly to the Book Marketing Manager and will have a hand in both Company and Client success.
You will work directly with the Book Launchers marketing department and will be vital to helping our authors successfully choose their launch strategy, be prepared for it, and then successfully market their brand and book(s). You’ll be the driving force behind running successful Goodreads Giveaways and NetGalley promotions, landing book reviews for clients, and your input and creativity will be essential to the success of our clients’ book launches and beyond. You know online marketing strategies, have built social media influence for yourself or others, and you are able to apply that to Book Launchers and our authors. Our overarching goal is to be our clients’ first choice for publishing, not the alternative to traditional publishing. And, we will know we’ve succeeding when referrals are our biggest source of new clients and existing clients create multiple books with Book Launchers in the years to come.
As a direct report to the Book Marketing Manager, you will be involved in every book launch. You’ll be a driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Understand book launch strategies and, with support from the Book Marketing Manager, be able to consult and coach clients through the steps they need to take for a successful book launch.
- Be in direct contact with clients to build their book launch and ensure they have full support for a successful book launch.
- Set up and manage Goodreads and Net Galley promotions for Platinum Plus Clients, plus Book Sirens promotions for all clients.
- Track and manage client marketing deliverables and revisions alongside Book Marketing Manager and Author Concierge, including social media posts, email, and social media content calendars, media kits, and speaker one-sheets.
- Working with the Book Marketing Team to shape and execute Book Launchers social media strategy to support our client launches and our own business development efforts, with an eye on engagement and our public-facing content.
- Work alongside Online Marketing Specialist in designing social media campaigns with the company to reach new potential followers, including book giveaways, partnerships with outside companies and fully supporting clients’ social media campaigns. Bonus points if you’re already on Clubhouse and loving it!
- Stay up to date with the news and opportunities for book distribution and book marketing that can result in increased reviews, lead generation, and new sales for our clients. Always be studying Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub and other platforms for marketing and distribution.
- Support the book marketing manager with bulk book sales for clients, social media strategy and execution, and any other projects underway to generate sales and exposure for our clients.
- Participate in company brainstorming, meetings, and reporting.
- Complete weekly reports on client and job progress.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but please don’t think this job will be easy. We are a very lean team managing a growing roster of book projects in progress and in the promotion phase. And, you’ll be one person doing this for all our clients. But, in this role, you’ll learn a lot about book promotion and book publishing, and can easily uncover areas where you can expand your role with the company if you want to do that. In fact, we the ideal person for this position will be able to grow with the company and be able to manage the marketing on book projects in the near future.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
While many members of the Book Launchers team are based in and around Los Angeles, the team works remotely. Why battle traffic if you don’t have it?
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company with author’s success in mind. She is a Top 20 under 40 award winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon for 36 hours and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing, branding and marketing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 27,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company). Her latest book, Self-Publish and Succeed is getting rave reviews from top indie publishing professionals too!
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning everyday so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit-sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. That page is also where you will apply.
The salary is very dependent on your past experience with book launches but the range currently is set at $42,500 – $50,000 for a full-time position to start.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂