Join Our Team as Our Book Consultant
Are you driven to find solutions, serve, and sell? Do you love books and have a passion to help authors?
It’s a bonus if you have experience in publishing, but we can teach you everything you need to know about publishing, it’s more important that you are comfortable having conversations to uncover opportunity and determine whether someone is a fit. It’s most important that you are driven by results and eager to learn and contribute.
If you’re excited but what you are reading so far, then please allow us to introduce ourselves.
We are Book Launchers. We help thought leaders and people with a powerful story write, publish, and sell impact-driven non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We help our clients create a great book they will be proud of for years AND we help them use their book as a tool to achieve their goals. To achieve that, we do a wide range of things to support our clients including website and social media auditing, email newsletter guidance, media pitching, speaking engagement support and pitching, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities. We build websites for our clients and we have a program for turning a book into an online course and that is where we need more support.
We’re looking for someone who be the front line salesperson for our organization. This is not hard core cold calling sales though. We have warm leads that come in from many channels and a process for screening them. Your role is to have conversations that bring the right people into our organization to work with us.
You will report directly to our President, and play a key role in creating success for our clients once their book is launched.
This role will begin part-time (~25 hours/week). As your work grows within our organization, the option to move to full-time will be presented to you.
To apply, please let us know what your favorite book from the last 12 months is, and why. And, please include a cover letter and resume.
What is your role?
You will be responsible for the front-end sales of Book Launchers membership services and will be responsible for bringing in new clients that fit our ideal avatar profile. This will include engaging with prospects that email, engage on social media, or call into the company, following up with past leads, previous clients, current prospects, and conducting strategy sessions. Your role will also assist in the creation of processes to improve and grow the sales
As a direct report to the President, you will play a vital role in the company’s growth strategy for 2021 and beyond. You’ll be a driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Understand the #noboringbooks way and stay up to date on the Book Launchers client successes to be the best possible representative and coach to potential clients.
- Engage with and pre-screen potential clients, following the sales process to get a completed application and then schedule the best prospects for a strategy session call.
- Conduct strategy sessions with potential clients and work to close the authors that are the best fit to get results with Book Launchers service.
- Consistently follow up with leads and maintain a relationship.
- Work within our process to track and present sales data and metrics.
- Work with the President and marketing to develop processes to further attract the best potential clients.
- Log and record calls and email interactions in Infusionsoft.
- Participate in company meetings, targeted interactions, brainstorming sessions, and weekly reporting.
- Pursue training opportunities to learn more about communication, influence, and sales.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but this will be a very dynamic and (at times) demanding role. In fact, this is the first position we are filling as begin to build a sales and marketing team for the company. We expect the person who will excel in this role to be someone who can grow with the company and, ideally, be managing other people in the department in the future.
The requirements for this job are:
● Publishing background &/or Experience in Sales – we’ll train what you don’t know but we want one or the other.
● You love books and even more than that you want to support authors and are excited about helping them write a book.
● Attend events representing Book Launchers to connect with leads.
● A deep desire to serve and have an impact.
● Ability to work with integrity and bring in the right people into our services. We want the best fit for what we do, not just a person that is willing to pay. Our services are not for everyone and the ability to discern between the right and wrong fit is key.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Possess the ability to listen to clients’ needs, provide solutions, and execute strategies.
● High level of confidence in yourself and what you’re selling.
● A proactive self-starter with a flexible work approach and a motivated, energetic, “can-do” attitude.
● A problem solver with the ability to prioritize and work autonomously, and the initiative to drive solutions.
● Ability to work independently and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a high workflow of leads.
● Access to a webcam for video calls, reliable internet connection, and reliable phone signal and service.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
We are based in Los Angeles, but the team works remotely. We believe that you should not battle traffic if you don’t have to.
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients’ success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company to support authors to succeed not just in creating the highest quality of book, but to also help authors sell those books to readers. She is a Top 20 under 40 award-winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 25,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning every day so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit-sharing) and how to apply, please read all of the information here. Deadline for submission is November 18th, 2020 – but we’ll be reviewing candidates as they apply so please do apply now.
This is a salary plus bonus part-time role to start. The starting salary for the part-time role is between $25,000 – $28,000 (It’s very reasonable to expect to make an additional $1800-$3900 per month in bonus once you’re comfortable having the conversations).
PLEASE NOTE: This job is a SALES position. You should use the cover letter and all copy you write to show us that you know how to make a value-based sales pitch and quickly build a connection with someone.
This position will be part-time (25 hours/week) to start but if full-time work is important to you – we will work quickly to get you there. Of course, if you’re awesome, and you don’t want to be full-time we can also work with you on that.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you.