Join Our Team as Our Author Strategist
Do you have experience offering high-level coaching or business consulting services? Are you driven to strategize, find solutions, and serve? Do you love books and have an interest or passion to help authors?
If you’re saying yes and you’re excited by what you are reading so far, then please allow us to introduce ourselves.
We are Book Launchers. We help thought leaders and people with a powerful story write, publish, and sell impact-driven non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We help our clients create a great book they will be proud of for years AND we help them use their book as a tool to achieve their business and brand goals. To achieve that, we have developed an incredible team of publishing professionals who help our authors develop their story, write the book, refine it through editing, and design the book to stand out. During the development and publishing process, we layer in marketing support so our authors are positioned for sales success when their book is done. We also do a wide range of things to support our clients including author platform coaching and development, media pitching, author partnerships, speaking engagement support, and we even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities.
We want you to be extremely strong at communicating and smart with strategy. One could call this a sales role but we really aren’t interested in selling people. We want to work with the authors that we are best suited to help, and we want to provide resources to the ones that aren’t a good fit for us. There is follow-up but there is no ‘closing’. This role is about strategy, service, and support.
You will be trained to explore the opportunity in a book idea, identify books with potential, and how to explain our process to determine a fit. Your goal is to provide value to everyone that contacts Book Launchers with a focus on spending your time having conversations and engaging in follow-up that brings the right people into our organization to work with us.
You will report directly to our President, and play a key role in growing the organization as we roll out new offerings later in 2021/early 2022 and continue to grow our family of authors.
This role is full-time (~35-40 hours/week) and is eligible for profit-share, health, dental, and optical insurance, as well as paid vacation after 90 days.
To apply, please complete the form at the bottom of this page. Remember to showcase your ability to communicate and connect with a potential client.
What is your role?
In this role, you will be the first point of contact with Book Launchers. You’ll communicate with potential clients when they reach out via email, phone, social media, or carrier pigeon to offer value, support, and the potential of a one on one strategy session call if it’s a fit for us to serve them. Your goal during each and every interaction is to provide support to the author, making suggestions of resources if we aren’t a fit and offering our services if we are a fit. Your role will also assist in the creation of processes to build out a team of Author Strategists for the future growth of the company.
As a direct report to the President, you will play a vital role in the company’s growth strategy for 2021 and beyond. You’ll be a driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Understand the #noboringbooks way and stay up to date on the Book Launchers client successes to be the best possible representative and coach to potential clients.
- Engage with and pre-screen potential clients, following our lead connection process to get a completed application and then schedule the authors that are a fit for a strategy session call.
- Continue to build out resources and templates to provide support to folks that are not a fit for our service so we can give value to everyone as efficiently as possible.
- Attend conferences and events (when it’s again safe to do so) to represent Book Launchers.
- Conduct strategy sessions with authors to uncover the potential of their book idea, and invite the authors that are the best fit to work with us into our membership.
- Build relationships with the authors that are a fit for our service and stay in contact until they make a decision.
- Work within our process to track and present communication data and metrics.
- Work with the President and marketing to develop processes to further attract the best potential authors to our service.
- Log and record calls and email interactions in Infusionsoft.
- Participate in company meetings, targeted interactions, brainstorming sessions, and weekly reporting.
- Pursue training opportunities to learn more about communication, influence, and book publishing.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but this will be a very dynamic and (at times) demanding role. In fact, this is the first position we are filling as begin to build a sales and marketing team for the company. We expect the person who will excel in this role to be someone who can grow with the company and, ideally, be managing other people in the department in the future.
The requirements for this job are:
● Experience in business consulting or high-level coaching &/or publishing experience – we’ll train what you don’t know but we want one or the other.
● You love books and even more than that you are excited to support authors to write a #noboringbook.
● Attend events representing Book Launchers to connect with leads.
● A deep desire to serve and have an impact.
● Understanding of business or publishing so that you can build rapport with experienced business owners and subject matter experts and assist them in exploring their book ideas and how they could support and correspond to their business.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Possess the ability to listen to clients’ needs, provide solutions, and execute strategies.
● High level of confidence in yourself and your ability to connect and coach someone.
● A problem solver with the ability to prioritize and work autonomously, and the initiative to drive solutions.
● Access to a webcam for video calls, reliable internet connection, and reliable phone signal and service.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
We are based in Los Angeles, but the team works remotely. We believe that you should not battle traffic if you don’t have to.
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients’ success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company to support authors to succeed not just in creating the highest quality of book, but to also help authors sell those books to readers. She is a Top 20 under 40 award-winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 28,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning every day so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit-sharing), please read all of the information here. We’ll be reviewing candidates as they apply so please do apply now.
The starting salary is between $49,000 – $55,000. Please note we expect the person who takes on this role to excel quickly and help build the company so the salary will grow as quickly as you achieve results and take on responsibility. There are also a lot of benefits to working with Book Launchers that go well beyond the base salary.
PLEASE NOTE: This job is a SALES position. You should use the cover letter and all copy you write to show us that you know how to make a value-based sales pitch and quickly build a connection with someone.
This position will be full-time to start but if you’re awesome and you don’t want to be full-time we can also work with you on that.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you.