Join Our Team as an Author Concierge
Are you driven to find solutions, serve, and sell? Do you love books and have a passion to help authors?
It’s a bonus if you have experience in publishing, but we can teach you everything you need to know about publishing, it’s more important that you are highly energetic, comfortable having conversations with all kinds of people, and enthusiastic about the potential of others to succeed. It’s most important that you are driven by deadlines, results and have a very strong ability to communicate in written and verbal forms.
If you’re excited by what you are reading so far, then please allow us to introduce ourselves.
We are Book Launchers. We help thought leaders and people with a powerful story write, publish, and sell impact-driven non-fiction books. Our goal isn’t just to help our clients get a book published. We help our clients create a great book they will be proud of for years AND we help them use their book as a tool to achieve their goals. To achieve that, we do a wide range of things to support our clients including website and social media auditing, email newsletter guidance, media pitching, speaking engagement support and pitching, and even look for and negotiate wholesale book sale opportunities. We build websites for our clients and we have a program for turning a book into an online course and that is where we need more support.
We’re looking for someone who will be part of our Author Concierge team providing start to finish support and updates for our authors. We want you to be extremely strong at communicating and deadline-driven. Your role is to own each project you have on your roster and advocate for the client and communicate to the client regular updates. You will need to understand our process from start to finish (writing all the way to book marketing) in order to serve our clients.
You will report directly to the Operator, and play a key role in growing the organization as we roll out new offerings and grow our client base.
This role is full-time (~35-40 hours/week).
To apply, please complete the form at the bottom of this page. Remember, your answers should showcase your ability to solve problems, communicate, and connect with people.
What is your role?
The Author Concierge is the keeper of the Book Launchers’ relationship with the clients designated as under the concierge’s care. This position is responsible for shepherding the client through the book writing, production, launching, and marketing process. They are the steady voice of support, reassurance, and updates from the Book Launchers team to the client. Their role is to oversee the project’s timeline, keep an eye on the quality of the book and manuscript to flag issues for the team to resolve, be the main point of contact for the client through weekly updates, and be the face of Book Launchers to the client. They are the client’s advocate with an eye on ensuring the book is aligned with long-term goals. Their role will also assist in the creation of processes to improve our service, enhance our overall efficiency, and develop a higher level offering of our service in the future.
You will be responsible for the front-end sales of Book Launchers membership services and will be responsible for bringing in new clients that fit our ideal avatar profile. This will include engaging with prospects that email, engage on social media, or call into the company, following up with past leads, previous clients, current prospects, and conducting strategy sessions. Your role will also assist in the creation of processes to improve and grow the sales
You’ll be a driving force behind our mission to be the choice for book publishing, not the alternative.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Understand the #noboringbooks way and stay up to date on all of the initiatives and issues within Book Launchers to be the best possible representative and coach to clients.
- Support the Operator and President with lead screening and some Strategy Sessions – developing relationships with clients before they sign on with the Book Launchers.
- Support the sales of the company by spotting opportunities to offer additional services like audiobooks and course building.
- Produce and oversee the maintenance of the project timeline – flagging issues for us or for the client where the project may be lagging.
- Track deliverables from Book Launchers to the client and ensure clients turn around feedback in a timely manner.
- Creating a once-a-week written summary and update for the client so they always know where their book project is and what is on their plate.
- Hopping on the phone with clients to discuss issues and answer questions as needed, and getting the answers from the appropriate team members when the answer is unknown.
- Work within our process to track metrics and milestones and log client communications in Infusionsoft, Process Street and AirTable.
- Work with the Production Manager and Operator to develop and refine existing processes to best serve our clients.
- Work with the Book Marketing Manager and marketing team to deliver marketing materials, create monthly marketing reports, assist with website development as needed through tracking assets and being keeper of timeline, follow-up on wins to ensure the client is prepared, and ultimately do what is needed to support the success of the client.
- Participate in company meetings, targeted interactions, brainstorming sessions, and weekly and monthly reporting.
- Pursue training opportunities to learn more about conflict resolution, communication, working with a variety of personalities, influence, and sales.
You will enjoy a lot of freedom to create and control your day in this job, but this will be a very dynamic and (at times) demanding role. In fact, this role is new in the company and we expect it to evolve over 2021 as we grow the Author Concierge team and expand our service offerings. We expect the person who will excel in this role to be someone who can grow with the company and, ideally, be managing other people in the department in the future.
The requirements for this job are:
● Publishing background &/or Experience in Account Management – we’ll train what you don’t know but we want one or the other.
● You love books and even more than that you want to support authors and are excited about helping them write a book.
● Interested in and adaptable to different book topics and genres and able to provide the same level of service regardless of the client’s expertise or topic.
● Deep desire to serve and have an impact.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Possess the ability to listen to clients’ needs, provide solutions and execute strategies.
● Ability to navigate different personality types and mitigate conflict and deescalate emotions
● A proactive self-starter with a flexible work approach and a motivated, energetic, “can-do” attitude.
● A problem solver with the ability to prioritize and work autonomously, and the initiative to drive solutions. You come to the table with solutions in mind.
● Access to a webcam for video calls, reliable internet connection, and reliable phone signal and service.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you then you’re obviously someone special so we want to tell you why we’re worthy of your greatness.
Here’s the deal:
We are based in Los Angeles, but the team works remotely. We believe that you should not battle traffic if you don’t have to.
What unites us is a passion for quality and our clients’ success. Book Launchers founder Julie Broad started the company to support authors to succeed not just in creating the highest quality of book, but to also help authors sell those books to readers. She is a Top 20 under 40 award-winning entrepreneur, an Amazon Overall #1 bestselling author (her first self-published niche non-fiction book actually topped the charts of all the millions of books sold in Canada on Amazon and was in the Top 100 print books sold for 45 days!), and she’s a recognized expert on self-publishing (Book Launchers YouTube channel has more than 25,000 subscribers – and is definitely worth watching to get a feel for the company).
Most importantly, we’re growing and learning every day so working here is a fun adventure. If you want to know more about what we offer (including our health benefits, vacation policy and profit-sharing), please read all of the information here.
This is a salary plus bonus profit share and includes full benefits. The starting salary is between $43,000 – $50,000.
This position will be full-time to start but if you’re awesome and you don’t want to be full-time we can also work with you on that.
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you.