Join Our Team as Our Assistant Copywriter
You love crafting concise copy that grabs attention and captivates the reader. You navigate your way around social media and how to sell on it with ease. And, you delight in the idea of taking a boring old author bio or book description and making them sizzle. You’re up to date in the latest trends in online marketing and copywriting. Most importantly, you love books and authors.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced in writing marketing materials for authors, or you’ve written some pretty compelling product copy in the past, we’d love to hear from you.
What is your role?
You will be the primary support to our in-house copywriter.
Your primary point of contact will be our Book Marketing Manager, but your ultimate job is to delight our customers by making their ideal readers buy their book with your brilliant copy! You will work alongside our Book Marketing Manager and our Copywriting Specialist to draft compelling copy for book descriptions, author bios, social media posts, email campaigns, and identify other online marketing opportunities to help sell books.
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals to publish high-quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
Your role is important because you’ll be helping us ensure our authors can achieve their goal and putting their book in readers’ hands.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media, and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll play a very important role in the Publishing and Promotion phases.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Write book cover copy – A good book description may entice a reader. A great book description sells the book. See the video below to see our take on writing book descriptions that sell.
- Craft an amazing author bio – It’s really hard for a lot of authors to know what are the most interesting and intriguing pieces of information about themselves. Your job is to uncover the gold and make it shine so everyone wants to hear what this person has to say.
- Author Website Copy – From time to time, we will need website copy to help our authors build their platform to the best it can be.
- Press release, kits, and speaker one-pagers – What’s a good book launch without fun media or speaking engagements to back it up? We’ll need your help capturing the media’s attention with copy for press kits, press releases, and speaker one-pagers.
- Social media posts – We provide social media posts for our authors to kick their social media marketing into high gear. Knowing what grabs attention on social media is a must.
- Blog posts – Our authors are building their business and stand-apart content is part of that. On some occasions, you’ll be creating great blog posts for our authors on a variety of interesting topics.
- Write email campaigns – You’ll be the master of hooking email subscribers through engaged copy that get to the heart of each book project and its goals.
Every project has a timeline so delivering on time is a must! This role will begin part-time contract (~20 hours/week). You’ll be working remote so ability to work independently is a big plus.
The pay rate will vary depending on the specific project assigned.
The right assistant copywriter for our team will get excited about the idea of drafting copy that creates emotion and inspires action. They also will love looking at books and authors from all angles to find the most interesting and relevant ideas for today’s market. They’re looking to potentially join a team and grow with a company united in its passion to create quality books and help our authors achieve success.
If this sounds good to you please include samples of your work (as appropriate to the position as possible) when you apply using the form linked below.
Head over to the ‘Join Our Team‘ page and complete the form. This is a marketing position, so your cover letter to us should show that you know how to write in a way that sells! (PS: If you’re early in your career but have recently been trained in copywriting, tell us about it! We like to hear what you can bring to this role we may not have already considered.)
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂