Books build platforms, and those platforms create opportunities to serve your readers at a deeper level (and for deeper profits)! Creating an online course straight from the content in your book can be a tremendous opportunity to do just that.
And, because we’re already intimately connected to your ideal reader (your ideal student for your course!) and the material in your book, we can help you take that content and turn it into an online course.
Our Founder, Julie Broad, ran a training and education business before she started Book Launchers. Her real estate courses were taught as online courses, hybrid online/live virtual training, and in person weekend events all across Canada. When she left that business she licensed out the courses and eventually sold them. She’s taken that approach to our process that we use to help you launch a course after your book comes out.
Specifically – What will Book Launchers do to build your course?
1. Set up your school in Thinkific including branding and formatting
2. Create a landing page to drive pre-sales
3. Create the outline for the course including modules, format, and assessments
4. Develop the course structure from the book (up to a maximum of 8 modules with each module having no more than 6 lessons)
5. Provide guidance on the course delivery (live + online, online only, evergreen, live) and how to price out the offering based on competitive research and outcome of the course
6. Produce a workbook for each module based on the slides of the course
7. Design and proofread the slides (slide content provided by author) and supplementary materials (content provided by author – like checklists, spreadsheets, or other materials for download by student)
8. Video content creation support including basic equipment and delivery coaching
9. Sales page copy written and sales page set up.
10. 3 promotional emails to add to your autoresponder sequence or for general use to help you sell your course.
What do you need to do?
1. Sign up for Thinkific (this is the platform we use to build the course and you’ll use to host your course).
2. Provide the branding and colors for the course.
3. Review the outline we create.
4. Write out the slide content based on the curriculum we develop.
5. Film the videos for the course content.
6. Provide feedback to Book Launchers.
You’ll definitely have some work to do to bring your course to life, but we are taking on more than half the workload to help you bring this course to life.
There’s one big catch though. You MUST be an active member of our service while your course is being built. That’s part of how we’re able to keep the cost down for you (as you’ll see – this is a very affordable offering compared to hiring it out on the market where the cost for what we do is 2 times what we’re able to do this for you).
If you’re an active member and you want to learn more, please speak to your concierge.