Join Our Team as Our Copywriter on Call
You love crafting concise copy that grabs attention and captivates the reader. The challenge of taking all the material in a book and writing compelling copy for the cover sounds fun. And, you delight in the idea of taking a boring old author bio and making it dazzle and shine.
If that sounds like you, and you’re either experienced in writing marketing materials for authors, or you’ve written some pretty compelling product copy in the past, we’d love to hear from you.
What is your role?
You will be an external and independent contractor – our copywriter on call.
Your primary point of contact will be our Client Care Specialist, but your ultimate job is to delight our customers by making their ideal readers buy their book with your brilliant copy!
Book Launchers helps entrepreneurs and professionals publish high quality non-fiction books. But, this is not a traditional publishing company. Our authors retain all control and ownership over the content and keep all royalties. We provide the team and the guidance to help our authors not only write and publish, but also to achieve their business objectives through their book. It’s not just about selling books (although we help guide them through how to sell books too!). It’s about using a book to build a business, boost a brand, become a recognized expert all while sharing valuable expertise and experience with others.
Your role is important because you’ll be helping us ensure our authors can achieve their goal and putting their book in readers’ hands.
Our process has five phases:
- Pen to Paper (Writing Your Book)
- Process (Editing)
- Publishing (Design, Layout, & Set Up with Printing and Distribution)
- Platform (Building the business around the book including website, social media,and other services offered around the book)
- Promote (Selling the book).
You’ll play a very important role in the Publishing and Promotion phases.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Setting up a form to ensure you’ve got all the material you need to write great copy. You’ll work with the Writing Coach and the Client Care Specialist to create a form that will be completed for each book. This will give you enough detail so you can write compelling cover copy, promotional blurbs and author bios without requiring you read every book. That would be too time consuming!
- Write book cover copy – read this for a great little summary of what’s involved.
- Craft an amazing Author Bio – It’s really hard for a lot of authors to know what are the most interesting and intriguing pieces of information to include in the ‘About the Author’ sections of their Good Reads Page, Amazon Author Page, and inside their book cover. Your job is to uncover the gold and make it shine so everyone wants to hear what this person has to say!
- Press Release, Podcast Pitches and Other Media Outreach Copy – not every project will require your copy brilliance for these items, but for some projects we’ll be pitching the author and his or her book to many forms of media to gain exposure and sell books. We’ll turn to you to help us out with creating the copy that will get the most attention!
- Other Book Promo Copy – every book project will be a little different, but from time to time we’ll need a little extra copy to use for book event posters, social media and author websites.
Every project has a timeline so we will have a rough idea of when we’ll need you so you can plan your schedule accordingly, but as our copywriter on call, we do ask that you provide the first draft of all copy requested within 5 business days, and revisions and final drafts within 2 business days of receiving the author’s input. If this sounds good to you … send us a proposal with your rates for the above tasks and please include samples of your work (as appropriate to the position as possible).
Head over to the ‘Join Our Team‘ page and complete the form and upload your proposal!
If this doesn’t sound right for you, but you know someone who would be perfect for this position, please pass it along and make sure we know who to thank if we hire them. 🙂